Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Calm Before the Storm

It's been so quiet here this week!  The kids are all 3 gone to youth camp this week.  It will probably be the last time they all go together.  :-(  I'm sure they're having fun, and I really have enjoyed the peace and quiet.  But I really miss them!

However, as the title implies, this is the calm before the storm!  Vacation is just around the corner and I am so ready to get away!  We've rented the same awesome house in Destin that we had last year.  It's perfect for us!!  This year there are 10 of us going.  8 kids and 2 parents.  It breaks down to 5 boys - aged 21, 19, 19, 18 and 16.  AND 3 13 yr old girls!!!  So much fun!!!  We've rented a deck boat to go out on the bay in Panama City and head to Shell Island.  There is all kinds of cool stuff to see snorkeling out there, sand dollars, star fish, clams, dolphins, fish and seagulls.  Shell Island is super cool - shells and shells and shells all along the beach.  We're also spending a day in Pensacola, going to watch the Blue Angels practice, tour the Naval Aviation Museum and have a blast.  I grew up a Navy brat and it's always cool to share that part of my life with my kids.  And then yet another day the 6 guys are going deep sea fishing!  Since the girls weren't too interested in that, we've decided to do girl stuff SHOPPING and PEDICURES!!!  The rest of the week is totally unplanned. 

I love Destin.  Can't wait to sit on my behind and stick my feet in the sand!  I'll be sure to brag a bit through pictures while we're there!! 

In the mean time, if you happen to read this please keep my friend Mallorie in prayer.  She's really having a tough time with her treatment right now and has been in the hospital for 12 days. :-(

Until next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment